Why in the world do I celebrate St. Nick's day, you ask?
I'm German and I was raised Catholic. We WILL have a pickle in our tree (except Ruthie broke our pickle ornament, and we are on the lookout for a new one) and we WILL celebrate St. Nick's day! It is celebrated on Dec 6 every year. Traditionally, you leave shoes out for St. Nick to leave a treat. Since I have a touch of OCD, we use our stockings, not shoes...those stay in the shoe basket, NOT to be touched. I get kinda sweaty, hivey and flushed just THINKING about storing toys and candy in our shoes.
Ruthie LOVED it. St. Nick brought her an Elmo and Big Bird doll to go with her "rover" (grover) doll she already has, some "Rella" magnets (Disney Princesses) and some candy canes. I am a big fan of oranges in the stockings, but St. Nick was in a hurry and forgot. To be honest, she would have been more excited about the orange than anything else. She's a bit twisted that way.
| favorite toy, thus far |
The pictures don't show, but afterwards, in a time honored tradition of being allowed candy on the morning of St. Nicks, Ruthie got a candy cane. She FLIPPED out over it. Who knew candy canes were such a bargaining token?
Since these pictures kinda stink in terms of quality, I decided to take some more today and post my favorite.
| Pretty wind-swept face |

No comments:
Post a Comment