

Today was our first appointment. The nurse said the baby has a strong heartbeat, especially for only 6wks 3days - I was about to remind the nurse of our gene pool, and the awesomeness that precedes the baby, but I remembered she wasn't from the west side of Evansville - how would she know about the Freemans? (or the Moore's? they are awesome - for East-siders ;) ) Needless to say, it made me feel a bit more at ease. Nothing can be promised, but it is amazing to see how much God has created in me so far.Daddy D was on call all last night and only slept 1.5 hrs (oh the life of a lowly resident). I was nervously sitting in the waiting room when I heard Daddy D calling! Taking the sign saying "please do not talk on your cell phones in the waiting room" as a mere suggestion rather than a demand, I picked up. My sleep deprived husband hadn't had a page in a few minutes, so he wanted to "sneak out" and come to my appointment with me. He walked to Swedish hospital from his hospital and waited in the room with me. Though he only stayed for a few minutes before he was paged, he proved his Daddy-worthiness to me, and to our lil' Jellybeaners.
Seeing the baby made me remember how God's grace works. He knows I never earned the right for mommy-hood. I earned every right to NOT be a mommy by treating my baby's first home as something so worthless. I would try and use our future babies as motivation for healing. I would doodle "Ruthie Moore" all over my notes. Looking back, I see the obviousness of why that track never lead to even one step of healing, it was when I put my hope in Christ, and not the baby, did I begin to heal. And God chose to bless me with that baby anyway - not because of anything I did, but because of His love for me. Being pregnant is such a wake up to the magnitude of Christ's love. I never knew I could love a child this much (and I'm around my fair share of children...that I love.) Imagine how much more Christ loves us?
Aaaaand now first thing at work I have to fix my mascara=) I'm so excited for you, and sweet pea is gorgeous. I can.not.wait. for the months to come. And Liv's excited to meet her future BFF or husband.
ReplyDeletecan i add you to my list of blogs i follow?!!? i mean, i was out of the office starting wed, but i cant keep up - when can i?!?!?! huh huh!
ReplyDeleteyou are going to be a great blog writer!!!