Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012 (Christmas Part II)

After all of the festivities throughout the week, we celebrated Christmas with family.
On Christmas Eve, we celebrated with Nana, Dadaw, Tin Tin and Bear. 
Ruthie got some things that really celebrate her.
She's been really into "princesses," "Rella" (Cinderella,) and the color pink.  I don't relate - My favorite color has been green since age 2, I never liked princesses, and (though I will admit to watching Cinderella for years on end,) I hated Cinderella's princess dress (I loved the mice and how they got to live in the walls of the big house!)  So, the way Ruthie relates to "Rella" does NOT resonate with me.  I DO, however, love letting her be her.  (as long as there are no Disney themed bedrooms, clothes or parties - they literally makes me shiver.)   
So, again, to celebrate Ruthie, Nana gave her this ROCKING princess dress from Melissa and Doug.  She now wears it everyday... 
I look SOOOOO good!
 After pulling off this princess outfit, she decided to play us a ditty on the piano.  Royalty attire and piano playing?  She's so regal. 
OHMIGOODNESS, I sound so good.  Amiright?  or amiright?
 She also received tons of toys and kitchen things.  I will NOT say I can't relate to this.  Baby dolls and "house" were all I played as a kid...that, and 90210, but I'm not whipping out the "Kelly" attire and prom dresses for Ruthie just yet.
Meet Betty Draper...errr, what gender roles?
 Ruthie didn't only receive gifts, but she gave some as well.
A coffee cup a la Ruthie
 We got dressed up for Christmas Eve service and came back for dinner with the family.
HOLY COW!  WHAT'S THAT?!  Oh, wait, that's just a singing IU ornament.

a COMPLETELY normal family picture

Tin Tin, Ruthie and Bear

Nana, Ruthie and Dadaw
We woke up early the next morning for stockings.  Ruthie waited at the bottom of the stairs until all males in the house had some sort of recording device ready. 

Stocking time!
We didn't get many pictures at Mimi and Papa's house.  Auntie Caca was sick in the hospital, so we were all a bit distracted and the whole thing was a bit shorter than usual.  We'll make up that time later, no worries.  We ARE thankful that Caca is healthy again.  
Ruthie's favorite gift from Mimi?  A new American Girl Bitty Baby with matching stroller and carrier ("backpack.") 
Though this Christmas was a bit different than usual - no David, no Caca, and warmer than usual weather - we had a wonderful Christmas.  It is always such a joy to just sit back and watch others love on my little one.  We had a wonderful time in Indiana, and we can't wait for our next trip back. 

1 comment:

  1. Not one single mention of seeing me. Not one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...