It has been a VERY big few weeks for little Roo. Not only did we celebrate my first mother's day (more of that in a future post.) She also flew for the first time ever (outside of my womb,) visited ALL her relatives in Indiana, swam for the first time, and finally met her future husband, Charlie.
The flight went super well on the way out. She slept the whole time, and American Airlines (yes, I am putting in a plug for them...they treated us right) gave us an extra seat to put her car seat in on both legs of the flight. They were very helpful!
Meeting the family was pretty exciting, and Ruthie handled it like a champ!
She got to meet some great grandparents
Happy Anniversary GG and Great Grandpa Mobley! I'm pondering your long lives together...
Well, HELLO there, Great Grandma Moore! I've heard a lot about you!
Yea, she's pretty great...she even listened to me when I texted her about making sure she matched my outfit.
She finally got to meet her cousins. Growing up with my cousins next door, it is a strange concept for me that her's might not feel like siblings. But, I will do everything I can to make her as close as possible to all her cousins. Playing with my Emmy and Bubba was such a joy in my life and many of my favorite memories came from it. I hope she someday gets to play dolphins, 90210 and hotbox with her cousins...(secretly, I also hope she has a cousin named Bubba...but that's the Hoosier in me.)
Here is Ruthie's uncle Joshy, and his mini me, cousin Isaac
Hmmmm...he looks pretty fun, do you think he'll play with me?

Just play it cool, Ruthie, just play it cool. Maybe he'll want to play...
Yeaaaaa...he likes me, he really likes me! (kinda, he did get kinda mad every time I touched him...)

Gracie loved holding me...and then she was finished because I was "too heavy." She was pretty excited that I got to have "two sleeps" at her house.

I have to say, I smiled at Madde the most. Probably because she is a little mommy herself.
This picture was taken at my "Sip and See" where I met all of Mimi and Nana's friends as well. It was such a great night!
Along with meeting all of her family members, she also had some very fun times. She swam for the first time. At first, she wasn't so happy and then she started kicking and thought she was quite the big girl!
Swimmer babe! Now I must teach her how to play dolphins!
She also used a saucer for the first time. Now daddy is even on board for wanting mommy to buy me one...
I don't know about this whole "independent play" thing...
Okay, this is super fun!
We also met up with our friends, the Risner's. They have a two year old little girl (who is so incredibly adorable) and a new addition, Charlie. With his daddy's sense of humor and his mama's heart, I think I smell a betrothal in our future! Plus, the Risner's obviously make cute babies.
Mom...stop embarrassing me!
It was so great to get together with them. When Margot was born, I was just starting to get better, so seeing her juxtaposed to Ruthie is such a picture of God's Grace and how far He has taken us in such a little amount of time!
Our trip was full of joy and sorrow, Danny and I had our first date out, we visited Frauntie and Fruncle, and my grandma Cappie passed away while we were visiting, so I have plenty more to blog about (along with a lot more pictures from Frauntie and Aunt Angie.) But, Indiana was a busy and refreshing time for our homesick hearts. Now, if only they made it possible to teleport so we could do it all the time!
*I just noticed the strand of pictures of Ruthie in her diapers. I would like to note that I do have my child dressed at all times (unless I'm at Walmart...just kidding.) This nakedness would be what happens in a matter of miliseconds after Mimi gets a hold of grandbabies because she thinks they are so much more comfty when only in a diaper...don't ask me why, but it happens in a matter of miliseconds - literally.
Looks like such a great trip! Can't wait to hear more. Ruthie is getting so big...I need to squeeze her before she's 18, moving into the dorms with Liv.
ReplyDeleteAlso...I went to Walmart the other day and tried to not assume that all the children would be half-dressed. It was going well until I got to the check out line and a kid was THROWING UP in the cart in front of me. Sick out.
ReplyDeleteLook at that smiley baby!!! Can't wait to catch up. Been thinking about you guys a lot!
ReplyDelete