Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Little Toesies

If any of you knew me as a child...or even know me now, you know that I am very particular and sensitive with my feet.  I'd go with socks at all times if I could (assuming the line of the sock is lined up just so,) and let's be honest, I live in the Pacific Northwest - socks and sandals are IN!  Good thing my mom taught me better than that.  My mom always joked/wished/prayed that my child would be just the same.  
This past weekend we went to the park to try to get a few videos of Ruthie walking.  I tried to put shoes on her without socks.  My little missy FLIPPED out and wouldn't walk.  So, I took her shoes off, she felt the grass with her little toesies, and FLIPPED out some more.  So much for walking footage.  Looks like that's a gene that passes down the line.  Hopefully, I don't pass down some of my other obsessive completely rational idiosyncrasies...Thankfully, we still captured some pretty cute pictures of my little (highly particular) ladybug.
Okay, I'm going to give this barefoot thing a try...
Yea...no
The walking didn't take place, but luckily, there are ALWAYS rocks to throw.

Carry me, dad...I'm not ABOUT to walk around in these shoes without socks.

Having a deep conversation about what happens to rocks once we throw them in the Sound.   It's a life lesson, right dad?



More life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...