Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Dadaw!

Dadaw's birthday was this past Saturday, and due to some technical difficulties (and sicknesses,) we are just now posting about it.
Ruthie has an amazing Dadaw who loves her more than anything.  In fact, it became a joke in the Moore household over Christmas to be careful because Dadaw gets a hold of her and takes her away.  From a mommy's perspective, I love it.  I can't wait for her to have memories with her Dadaw - whether it is learning to play golf, discussing the best type of sunscreen, hearing stories of her daddy growing up, or whatever they decide.  (Please note: though I cannot predict the kind of lovely memories she will have with her Dadaw, I know one thing I can guarantee she will remember...the smorgasbord of IU - and other random - paraphernalia in his study.  It is a grandchild's dream.)  I can't wait for her to build these memories.  And, though this post is a wee bit late, please note, the tardiness bares no reflection on our love for Dadaw.

Case.in.point.
So, in honor of Dadaw's belated birthday, Ruthie has a few things to say.

Ohmigoodness, Dadaw!  It was your birthday! 
Well, let's see here...where did I put that cake I especially baked for you?!  Ah yes, here it is!

Professional icing taste tester (she got those genes from her Nana) and candle eater...Yep, tastes just right!

Happy Birthday Dadaw!  We love you!

One good thing about a late post?   We get pictures like this to put on it (thank's to Auntie Kristin.)

Happy Birthday Dadaw!  I hope this cake tasted better than the plastic one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...