Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa!

Today is Papa's birthday!  (Yes, we HAVE caught up!)  And, Ruthie is SOOOOOO excited...well, let's be honest, ANYTHING that has to do with Papa is exciting, right?
Ruthie is such a Papa's girl, much to Mimi's dismay, and being his daughter, I can personally attest to his amazing-ness.  From the day I was born, he's always been there to pick up any broken pieces in my life, whether small, or life threatening big.  He has been there for Danny and I in the best of times and the worst of times.  He is someone I can always depend on.  Anytime I am with my dad, I will always feel that sense of security I've known since I was a child...everything is okay because dad is here.  I know it is something any daughter feels who has a great father, and I know that it will never fade with time.  I hope he knows how much he means to us, and if it weren't for him, Danny and I wouldn't be where we are.  
Often times my mom points out how I married a man very similar to my dad...usually these conversations have to do with small annoyances ;), but what she doesn't know is that it is so reassuring to hear that Danny is like dad.  
Papa has the biggest heart, is so transparent and sacrificial, and loves my mom, his children and grandchildren more than his own life.  We love you, Papa.  I hope you always know that, and Ruthie can't WAIT to see you again.  Trust me, "Papa" is mentioned multiple times a day.


At the end of this one, she is asking for Veggie Tales...or in her language "Pee-ta" while dancing.  Maybe she secretly wants to read The Hunger Games?  (Two points to anyone who gets that reference.)


She is saying "Papa" at the beginning of this one, and then I am trying to get her to answer "Papa" here, but she knows her mama loves her :)


Here is Ruthie trying to pick out Papa's gift!
So, I'm going to do it...I'm going to get Papa a ROCK...for his birthday

I don't know, I'm freaking out!  I can't do it!  I have to go into that water??!! 
Okay!  Here goes!
Ohmigoodnessthesoundiscold!

Are you SEEING what I'm doing for you, Papa?  This is hard work...I must love you!
I DO!  I DO love Papa!  Happy birthday, Papa!
 Here are some pictures of Papa with Ruthie!



And some more videos:

Please ignore the insinuation of me feeding my daughter poptarts in this one...I would NEVER...(cough cough)




We love you, Papa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...