Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer of Swimming

This is our first true summer with a child.  Seattle has a summer that lasts about 6 weeks, not (seemingly) 6 months, so I am very thankful for our community pool.  VERY thankful.  
Ruthie and I are both part dolphin (it's science.)  Maybe she is part sea otter or Nemo, since those are her favorite games in the pool and she doesn't like playing Echo the Dolphin as much as myself. (two points for whomever remembers that game, and FOUR points to whomever can get me past level 4.  j/k my Sega broke down months years ago!)  I can't even look at pool or ocean water on a sunny day without an urge to jump in.  Ruthie is the same, only when we can't swim, my fits are a slightly more controlled...slightly.  We have spent many of days here at our pool, and I wanted to document it so we didn't forget this great gem we enjoyed while in Durham.
Walkin' to the pool - like a boss!

Smile option #1:  I think we need to look into hiring a smiling coach (do they have those?) so she doesn't have years of pain and bad pictures, but for now, it's still cute.

Getting ready for a (mischievous) tea party - seriously, what is she up to?

Playing "sea otter"



Smile option #2  I swear she loves it here, and the pool smells fine, despite whatever this smile is trying to tell us...
You know how I can rank a great summer?  The only redeeming quality I can name for a season with giant bugs, crazy heat and sweat is the ability to swim outside in clear blue water.  If we are ALMOST sick of swimming by the end of the season, we rocked summer out!  Maybe that's what her smile is telling us, "we OWNED you, summer."  Now, time for Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...