Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hiatus Broken, Beaches, Easter and More

After a little impromptu Lenten hiatus, we are back.  I didn't intend to take off all of Lent, but I took off time from Facebook, and ended up also not blogging.  Regardless, here I am, back in the social media world (because Pinterest and Instagram don't count.) 

Over the break, we spent lots of time with grandparents.  Ruthie and I travelled to Florida to spend time with Nana, Dadaw, Tin Tin and Bear.  A well needed break for us! 
She loved the dock

We spent lots of time on the boat.  She also learned how to use a very loud whistle.  So...that was fun

 Mimi and Papa came for Easter, and NC gave us a wonderfully warm weekend.

Sweet kisses


Dessert seems to always happen when Mimi is around...

A terrifying clown that Ruthie braved through to get her butterfly balloon...her face was terrified priceless while talking to the clown
 This year Ruthie seems old enough to explain why we celebrate Easter.  (Try explaining death to a 3 year old...I have no idea how.)  I used the Jesus Storybook Bible to tell the story.  Completely recommend this book.  But, all she remembers is that "Jesus had owies," "Jesus had a broken heart," and "Jesus got all better and turned into an angel."  (No idea how she got the idea he turned into an angel, nor is it accurate, but she insists.)  Anyone have any better ways of explaining Easter to a small child?

Easter basket
 Pumpkin loves this little walking dog
Who do you think you are?

Ima bop you on the head, little dog.  I'll show you who's boss.

Easter Egg Hunt
Super confused as to why we weren't joining in the fun

Hmmm...having a hard time finding obvious eggs

Ready for church!  He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...