Monday, April 29, 2013

Friends Young and Old, but mostly James

We had an exciting past few days...and a few special visitors.  Kristi, Liv, and Liza came to visit us at our house!  Remember when we visited them?  Now, after both families endured major moves, we are in the same state, and they came to us!  
Playing "restaurant"

Bath time then
Bath time now
Costume friends then

Costume friends now

Sweet friends.  (I may or may not have "Freemanized" her kids with bows.)
It is pretty neat to see all the kids having so much fun together.  It's almost as if they've known each other for their whole lives.  As much as we miss the PNW, it is nice that we are closer to old friends (old as in time as friends...and maybe age, she does have 4 months on me.  It gets tiring continually being the young and fresh friend, so I don't harp on such things.)  
In the past, Kristi and I were only a house (and an AIM message to come downstairs and let her in) away, so living a country apart never worked for me.  To remedy this, I moved things around, had my people talk to her people, and here we are, in the same state for an entire year.  Good news, though, even though we are moving, we are getting no further from Asheville!  So, until we see each other again, I'll be rocking in a corner, eating ice cream.  I kid, I kid...at least about the rocking part...and MAYbe the corner, but not the ice cream, definitely not the ice cream.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...