I thought I'd spend some time explaining the music I picked out...for those of you who are anti-Third Day, or anti-Celtic, or just wonder "I thought Jaci and Danny were above early 2000's Nichole Nordeman."
1. I Am - I heard this song for the first time my freshman year at DePauw - thanks to a burned cd of Sara Stephan :) I remember hearing that song, and thinking - wow, it sounds like my story. When Jess was pregnant with Grace, I remember hearing the song and thinking - wow, that is Grace's song - and Will's and Madde's and Izzy's (and now Isaac's). Now I'm pregnant, and I am praying for my baby everyday that s/he will discover Christ, and it be the baby's story as well. He is weaving and spinning the baby inside me, and, contrary to some philosophical views, He doesn't just start His work, but He is there until the finish, He is there forever. Our definition of Him changes throughout our life. He doesn't change, but how we relate to him changes so that he is relevant. Christ answers "I Am" when we ask - who are you? It is nothing I deserve, but the way I relate to Him mirrors my emotional, psychological and spiritual development - meaning: He is everything and all I need, and I pray that my baby can see this and fall in love with Christ day by day. He's a protector, a best friend, the Love of my life, a Shepard, everything.
2. It Won't be Like This for Long - before I knew I was pregnant, but well after hormones kicked in, I found myself driving back from Walmart hearing this song and crying...that's right - Darius Rucker makes me cry, wanna fight about it? It was one of the first hints that maybe something was different in my body...maybe a baby was growing inside of me - maybe. The part about the preschooler really makes me cry. I've always been on the teacher side, and I'm soon going to be on the mommy side. Will I remember? Maybe, but I won't lie, I'm going to be sad when my baby doesn't cry when I leave.
3. Mighty to Save - My first night at Remuda, I broke down crying hearing this song - and ran out. Thanks to Christine, a MHT, who coaxed me back. This song literally (yes literally you How I Met Your Mother fans) signifies my first step in healing. I realized I had put hope in myself instead of my God. Without His might to conquer the grave, His might to conquer my demons, I wouldn't be here. I believe I was on my way to the grave. My might proved to be useless (hence the 7 months prior). So without Him, I wouldn't be here - and neither would this blessing.
4. Beautiful - another reference to Danny and my story to get to this point. This song highlights many woman and girls' cry. I pray my children discover real beauty and never wrestle with the concern of worthiness - and find the true meaning of worthiness and be amazed.
5. Born again - I found the title to have a nice double meaning. But the most important birth, is our birth in Christ.
6. In Christ Alone - I love this hymn. Plus, Amber and I like to play this cd during nap time. (it's multicultural and Celtic, come-on!) It is an amazing hymn to sing, and prayer to pray when times are at their roughest - and a reminder that Christ has already won the fight.
No comments:
Post a Comment