Friday, August 7, 2009

Children are Blessings from Above

I decided to write in cute little tidbits from my smart little 2-3 year old kids at school. As you all know, I love these kids will all of my heart, and they know that as well. When I'm frustrated, one will always remind me "Even when Jaci is frustrated, she loves us so much." It's kind of heartbreaking to hear, but it shows me that they know how much I love those little guys (and gals).

This week, we finally sent out an email with the pregnancy news, and we put it in our monthly newsletter. Not minutes after the email went out, the parents wrote back, or spoke to me directly. It is so nice and refreshing to have support from my kids' parents. I was more interested in the day AFTER the parents found out (after they told their children about it.) Here are some things that have been said...so far.

1. Asher on an elevator with complete strangers - "JACI has a BABY in her TUMMY. Did you knooow that?"

2. Angie sitting with me outside: A: "You have a baby in your belly. Can I see it?" (I showed her a picture of an ultrasound.) .............A: "Where's the nose?"

3. Sitting down with Jameson outside: Jameson: "Mommy and Daddy told me you have a baby in your belly, can I say hi to your baby?" Jaci: "Well, yes you can!" Jameson, getting down to my stomach, well above jellybean, and shouts "HIIIIIII BABY! What's your baby's name?" Jaci: "Jellybean" Jameson: "HIIIIII JELLYBEAN." and then I was surrounded by about 4 more children doing the same, and patting my belly.

Becoming pregnant makes me remember that I deal with some very very precious children with precious thoughts and words. My child is very blessed to have these children loving the baby so early in life. They are very interested in Jellybean, and even call the baby Jellybean. (Jack just decided to tell me it is a girl today, by the way. Where he got that, I have no idea.) Whether or not the children know it, they are molding my child as we speak by their words and actions - and of course, molding Jellybean's mommy.
Becoming pregnant has also reminded me that I take care of other peoples babies all day long. I need to remember that, and though I do love them tons, I need to be actively loving them more and more each day.
Each child is a blessing from God, so my ministry is to allow these children to be the blessings they were designed to be! Every blessing points back to God - and that Truth brings me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...