Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rejoice

So I am now 13 weeks along, and according to Babycenter.com, my appetite should be "returning" as my morning sickness "subsides." Babycenter, are you now lying to me as well? If I can't trust Babycenter, than who can be trusted?
I know that my pregnancy hasn't been event-less thus far. I am experiencing my fair share of sickness, migraines, and emotional breakdowns. But, I was listening to Nathan Partain's version of the hymn called "Rejoice, the Lord is King," and the Lord reminded me that I have not spent much time rejoicing during this time. Yes, the first trimester is not a fun time for some ladies, do not be fooled, but I had forgotten how we are called to rejoice in the Lord. So, I was thinking of some obvious and not so obvious things to rejoice in this time in my life.

1. My marriage
I laugh more with my husband than anyone else. I have said this before, and almost 4 yrs into our marriage I still feel like every night is a slumber party (though sometimes he is that obnoxious friend keeping me awake trying to be funny.) But, we have our fair share of bickering - especially with my new hyper emotional state, and his lack of sleep. But, I am confident in his love for me, and in his love for our Jellybean. Not everyone has this, and his love for me is not because of something I have done, but a pure blessing from above. We both know that it takes more than a human's ability to love to make a marriage work. If we had been counting on our own ability to get through hard times, everyone who knows us knows we would not have made it through our first two years of marriage. It was the Lord (and a little bit of Punkers ;) ) who got us through. He not only teaches us how to love an active and real love by loving us in the purest form, but he provides us the love where we can't provide it.

2. The kids in my class
They are just funny. They are more excited about Fall coming than me (almost). Zoe recounted the entire story of the Headless Horseman (that's something normal for a 3 yr old to do, right?) when Fall was discussed in class. Another boy in my class is the exact replica of what I want in a son. He not only has glasses and an eye patch (and with my genes, Danny and I must be prepared for this in our children) but he plays transformers and other "dangerous" games continuously, but somehow also loves princesses and pink pull ups without compromising his boyhood. Quite amazing, honestly. They teach me lessons daily on patience, discipline, humor, and what its like to be a child. I know I thought I was ready to be a parent in the past (and I am not so naive as to believe anyone is truly prepared,) but these children have prepared me in more ways than I could have imagined. Plus, I have 13 kids already playing with Jellybean. As Asher says, "Yo Jelllllybeeeeean eees jumping awwwww awooooouunnndddd" - translated, "your Jellybean is jumping all around" as he pats my belly

3. My morning sickness

It's a bummer to not be able to predict how I'm going to feel and to have to leave the room if my husband so much as burps. Sometimes it is awkward when I get sick on the playground and random children guess (this was before it was public) that "Jaci has a baaaaby in her tummy." However, I try to remember that it is my baby reminding me s/he is here...loudly. I was telling Feef that the first trimester, especially the end of it, is the puberty of pregnancy. It's a very awkward stage. You don't look like yourself, and you certainly don't feel like yourself, but you aren't obviously pregnant. Morning sickness is my baby saying "Seeeee Mama? I AM here!" Thanks, sweetheart. It's also a blessing because when I'm super sick, I can't cook (darn). Danny might not see this as a blessing...whatsoever, but it is preparing us for parenthood when we will both need to pitch in to make it work.

4. My salvation

Rejoice, the Lord is King!
Your Lord and King adore;
mortals, give thanks and sing,
and triumph evermore...

Jesus the Savior reigns,
the God of truth and love;
when he had purged our stains,
he took his seat above...

His kingdom cannot fail;
he rules o'er earth and heaven;
the keys of earth and hell
are to our Jesus given...

Rejoice in glorious hope!
Jesus the Judge shall come,
and take his servants up
to their eternal home.
We soon shall hear
th'archangel's voice; the trump of God
shall sound, rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...