Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Purposeful Process

So today, I finally heard the baby's heartbeat at 11 weeks 2 days. It was enough to send this mommy's heart soaring. It's so crazy going from living as a single entity, to having "two two two people in one!" I have me, and then I have sweet Jellybean inside of me! I think that our God made the whole pregnancy process perfect for us humans.

1. You have to start sacrificing early for your baby, so it's not such a shock in 9 months.
Not only do I have to give up many "Jaci" things.
a. my weekly Miller Lites (and we know this classy German West-sider loves her cheap beer.) And to make matters worse, I'm pretty sure my child is craving beer. Gets it from PaPa and Uncle Pat, I'm sure.
b. caffeine - all of the sudden a half of a coke sends me into cardiac arrest

but I also have to live every moment intentionally -
I can't do all of the things I want to do throughout the day because the baby DEMANDS relaxation...even at very inopportune times. I also have to eat specific things every hour or two, or I pay dearly. I can not NOT eat when I don't want to, and I can't eat what I usually like, but what the baby likes. (which, by the way, happens to be anything I liked as a young child such as Push-ups and Toaster Strudels...at the moment. Though I do try to take the healthier option when possible, but sometimes my high maintenance baby has no exceptions to the rule.) My Doctor told me today to go with those cravings, because if not, she knows that pregnant ladies tend to be sicker when they try to avoid it. You can think of it as either a slight answer to morning sickness...or a threat from baby - give me this, or else!!! Regardless, I can't live mindlessly or normally for that matter. But, it is liberating to not live indecisively. I have my leetle very decisive Jellybean doing it for me! I know what I need, and I have to do it. If not, I'll be calling my mama crying and texting Danny to come get me because I need Pediolyte or an IV NOW!!!!

2. The whole process is such a shocking miracle.
Think about it, one day you wake up not feeling yourself, and lo and behold - two lines on a stick, life is created. It isn't something from nothing, it is something from everything - our God. It is a gift given and created in such a way that spiritually, God is more real to me now than ever. He made that little heart beat, and though my baby is so much more amazing than I could even imagine, the hand that made (and continues to make) my baby is exponentially more amazing. It is nothing that could accidentally create itself, but a purposeful process.


PS - to provide more evidence that God is purposeful in creating our child, Jellybean is showing personality early! The doctor did a Doppler to find the heartbeat, and kept having to move it because the baby was so hyper. S/he kept jumping around from one side of me to another. I don't know WHERE jellybean gets it. (Grandma Rosie always called me Jaci Gene the jumping machine...and my mama could tell me apart from a crowd because I was the one jumping up and down at all times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...