I am very pleased to show all of the aunties, uncles, cousins, Mimis, Papas, Nans and Pops out there that their little one is doing wonderfully. Look how big the baby grew! From a jellybean to a baby (though still referred to as sweet Jellybean!) (The head is on the left, the two nubbins are the hands, and the two nubbins below are the legs.) Isn't the baby just precious? Why, yes, that is true!I am beginning to figure out what mothers have been telling me for years. They just can't stop looking at their baby, and I can't stop looking at this picture! It's crazy! I love this little thing so much, and seeing the heartbeat and the acrobatic flips taking place inside of me moved me to my core. It's crazy that my baby grew and developed so much, without me even doing anything except eat, drink water, and sleep. And yet it is still thriving!
Does my baby know I exist? I certainly hope so! But if not, that child will find out soon enough how much mama loves her baby.
I know the term "miracle of life" is quite cliche, but going through it now helps me realize that this truly is a miracle from my Lord, an undeserved blessing. Not only has He given me another chance at life, but he has given me a chance at creating a new life. And He isn't going to leave it at that. He's going to weave the work FOR me. So, basically, I am undeserving to begin with, and then completes all of the work so that He can give me a precious gift. What does that sound like? Grace. I have come to a new understanding of it all. Children are a picture of God's Awesome Grace. Not only the child him or herself, but the process behind the creation of that child.
No comments:
Post a Comment