Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ruthie Anne Moore

To me, the meaning behind a name is just as important as the way it sounds. I mean, take it from a Jaclyn GENE. Named after my two grandpas, I was a 6 yr old with a complex of thinking I'm could never be girly enough...hence the reason I spent a good year of my life only wearing dresses.
Though I might still struggle from time to time with that complex ;) , the reason my parents chose my name makes it very important to me, and I will forever be proud to hold the names of my grandpa Jack and my grandpa Oscar Eugene. I have always been proud to explain my name to others (except the part that mom got the feminine derivative of "Jack" from a Charlie's angel/Kmart line lady.) I just can't wait to have a boy to pass the names down to...the complex stops here! (just kidding, mom...if Danny ever liked Jr's maybe her name would be a Jaclyn Ruth...but the Gene really is only for a boy).


So, after much deliberation, we have come to a decision on Lil' Ruthie's middle name:

Anne

We did it for many reasons.

1. According to her father, it has a better ring to it. He also likes it more, so we want the Daddy to agree, right?
2. Anne is a family name. It is my aunt Ruthie's sister's (my grandma Rosie's) middle name, their mother's first name, and her mother's first name. It now spans four generations. I love that!
And, it is also the middle name of Danny's aunt Beth. So, the whole family is involved!
3. Both names are obviously feminine.
4. Most importantly, the meaning of Anne is Grace. I have said it before, and I will continue to say it the rest of my life, Ruthie (and any other children that we might have) is a clear picture of the Lord's Grace, so I want that apart of her name. I want her to be reminded of the fact that she is a pure blessing in our lives. I also want her to someday know the freedom of His Grace. So, needless to say, having it apart of her name is very fitting! I hope someday, even if she doesn't like her name, she knows the thought and love that went into choosing it.

2 comments:

  1. Jaci and Danny, How exciting! The joy of parenting is unsurpassed. I, too, love family names. Ruthie Anne is a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl in the making. God bless and peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I forgot to mention that my mother's name is Ruth Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...