Here's what we discovered...
- yes, she's STILL a girl
- my amniotic fluid is great and the umbilical cord and placenta are working just right for 35.5 weeks.
- my baby could eat your baby
At 35.5 weeks, she measured 6 lbs 7 oz. - 60th percentile. Way to go girl! I guess some people just measure small, despite whats going on in their body. It's just the way Ruthie is nestling in me.
Of course, since I was awake, she was sleeping. We were able to take one good picture before she realized what we were doing and covered her face...with both hands. Little booger - her cheeks are all chubby and cute. I can't wait to see her face to face..

It's incredible to see that everything is working perfectly. I told the technician that I find it incredible to see that my body knows what to do, and what to make. Honestly, I felt like my body would forget to make the placenta, umbilical cord, or something else crucial to Ruthie's development. But, it's all there! God has made my body to nurture and be a mommy to this particular baby (and hopefully others as well, but we know for sure this one,) and that is something awesome.
She told me that is why she does the job, because she just sees the little miracles day after day, and it is so amazing to see all of the little things line up so perfectly so many times. I see my child as proof that God exists. And with that, He fulfilled the promise that all good things come from Him and Him alone (James 1:17.)
No comments:
Post a Comment