Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We've Come a Long Way, Baby (Ruthie)!

So, at 34.5 weeks, we are in the final stretch! Today's appointment went well, I'm slowly dilating and effacing, but not enough to cause concern, so starting Monday...wait for it...no more bed rest! We've come a long way, baby! To be honest, I'm glad to be progressing.
1. One of my main fears is that we are slowing down my natural rhythm, and I'm going to give birth to a toddler in 2 years.
2. The contractions are getting uncomfortable and consistently consistent...so they better be doing SOMETHING.
Ruthie is growing, healthy, and holding steady! She's still doing her daily jumping jacks and is becoming more and more reactive to Mommy and Daddy's voices and touches. It's kinda fun to talk to her and see her kick back.

In preparation for baby, we officially finished the nursery. Curtains, and final paintings are up and ready!

Full picture. The two smaller canvases are for her to decorate! The lower one is for her hand prints, and I am going to let her finger paint on the monogrammed once once she is old enough! I am looking forward to decorating our house with our children's artwork!






Curtains made by Mimi! Thanks Mimi!









Painting made by Mommy. I chose this scripture (1 Sam 1: 27, 28) because it is truly depicts the blessing that Ruthie shows in our lives, and our role as parents to give her back to the Lord.





Along with finishing the nursery and Daddy Danny installing the car seats, Punkers went today to get her hair done for her new little sister! I can never say I'm pleased with her hair cuts because I prefer her to look like a Muppet, but that look is just too unruly and high maintenance. Plus, she told me she wanted to look to the nines for her new baby sister.



Mama, is baby sister here yet? I'm reaaady!






*please excuse the puny bow, the groomer put it in...it will be replaced soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...