Friday, February 12, 2010

Ruthie Roo, we love you

So, I promised more of a post, and 7 days later...here it is! Sorry about the delay, and apologizes if this post makes no sense...2 weeks of no sleep will do that to a lady.
So, on Monday Feb. 1, I officially went off my medication. That day, I had less contractions than I experienced the entire bed rest time. I figured Ruthie Roo was going to wait until we pulled her out. By next day, they were 2 minutes apart and I could set a watch by them. I called my OB that morning, and she told me not to come in unless my water broke, or I couldn't talk through the contractions. Neither occurred, so I went about my day. I even babysat one of my favorite kids from Bright Horizons that night. However, by the time I got home that night, they were increasing in pain. After an hour of that, we decided to go in. I was only 3 cm when I arrived, so we walked the hospital, got to 4 cm was admitted and labored from there. They would have sent me home at 3, if it weren't for my pre-term issues before. After a night of no sleep, very painful contractions, and no baby the doctor came in to a crying and frustrated Jaci. Since I was only 36 weeks 3 days at the time, they couldn't do anything to help speed up the labor until I was in "active labor" (ie; 5+ cm). She said she'd break my water if I were 5 cm...lo and behold, I was! I had full intentions of trying to go all natural - and for the past 9 hours I had...but Danny timed it perfectly. He left to go take out the dog about the time my first "post water breaking" contraction hit...and let's just say it felt like somebody was ripping a limb off my body. He came back to an epidural filled happy wife! He never had to experience me during those contractions. 3 hours later at 11:13am on Feb. 3, our little Ruthie Roo made her debut into this world.
It was, to date, the most incredible moment of my life to see our daughter for the first time.



Mommy meeting Ruthie for the first time











Daddy meeting his little girl for the first time.






I spent the first few nights (and I must admit I still do) just watching her, making sure she is breathing and okay. I just have had hard time wrapping my head and heart around the whole thing. That our God gave us this little blessing, who is such an incredible little person already. She is a sleepy baby, but, so far, she is as healthy as a horse! at 7 days post birth, she was back up to her birth weight. And though she has her daddy's chicken legs, she has the sweetest little round cheeks and chins that go on for miles. I could spend my days looking at her. Let's just say this mommy and daddy are smitten.









Mommy and Ruthie














Taking a nap in her favorite Moses basket








Okay, mom, we need to talk...explain this to me again. So, we actually get to keep her?






As for Punkers, she is quite the incredible big sister. Any time Ruthie makes a peep, Punkers goes over to her, and looks at us like, "Well? Aren't you going to make her happy?" She loves to peep into her basket to make sure she's okay. And anytime it's time for Ruthie to eat, Punkers is at my feet wanting to help. Needless to say, so far the Moore family is doing great. I can't promise that the next few weeks won't be completely exhausting and wearing, I know it will. But, as for now, we couldn't be more blessed by our little Roo. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...