Sunday, October 3, 2010

8 Month Top Ten



You are 8 months old, and where is this time going?!  I feel like I'm on a carousal and it is going way too fast all of the sudden.  It's hard to gain my bearings.  You do something new, and I think...how ADVANCED!...and then I realize that a month has passed, and it is actually quite textbook.  (not that you aren't advanced, little one, you are, you are.)  But, as fast as it is going, I am loving it (I always loved the crazy rides at the Fall Festival.)  You are so amazing.  Your personality is so fun and spirited, you know what you want and you let us know!  You are loving your environment (instead of just studying it) more and more.  Take Punkers for example:
 
 My goodness can she make you smile.  I am pretty certain you think we brought a Muppet home for your own entertainment.  She is a little uncertain of you, mainly because you get SO excited that it is a bit rough for our princess Punkers.  
You have always been my daughter, but the more you grow the more it becomes real to me that you are mine, you are my DAUGHTER.  You are an individual, and you are amazing.  I love you more than you know, baby girl.  


8 Month Top Ten


10. Mimi and Nana came to visit you.  You were so leery of them at first, and by the end, it was as if you'd known them all your life (and technically you had...if you would only remember.) 

9. Two words - OBJECT PERMANENCE....!!!  I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.  If I hide behind a door, you cock your little head to find me.  If I take a toy away, you cry not until you can't see it, but until you get that exact toy back.  Little booger.  Unfortunately, this is making naps a wee bit harder.  You know we are around, even if you can't see us...so now you fight the naps to be with us.  It's kinda cute when I spy on you.  You cry, and then you stretch up to look for me out the door, and then you cry...and then stretch up to peak your head up above the crib to look for me, etc, etc.  But a little baby-wise boot camp and some tweaking of the schedule these past two weeks fixed the nap issue at hand...for the most part.   

8.Two front teeth - no more walrus.  But to make things EXTRA snaggly, you decided to grow one front tooth at a time.  At one point you had your bottom two, your two walrus teeth, and your left front tooth.  It was extra cute. 

7. We rough house with you now.  
Daddy throws you up in the air:


And then you look at me to make sure it is okay.  If I smile and clap, you laugh!
I promised myself I wouldn't have a child afraid of rough housing, and I WILL follow through...despite my utter need of overprotecting. 
6.Chewing food - we are almost out of the baby food era.  It lasts so briefly.  Now I give you pieces of food (mostly soft, we are working up to tougher foods) and you chew them.  You took to it like a fish in water.  Now mommy can't eat in front of you without sharing.  But, honey, I love sharing with you.

5.Backwards crawling.  Why is it most babies go backwards before they can go forward?  It's cute, but I would argue it is one of the most frustrating periods of babyhood.  You want a toy in front of you that is so easy for me to get, and it keeps getting further and further away from you.  If I get it for you, you won't learn to crawl.  So you cry, look at me for help, and cry.  I try to teach you to crawl, and you cry because you don't care to crawl, only for that toy.  Daddy and I made a bet that you would crawl (forward) by the time you were 8 months old.  He said you would, I said you wouldn't...I win! 

4.Talk back to us, loudly.  It's not like the normal copy cat of a 3 month old - it's a game.  I talk, and you talk louder and smile/giggle.  I talk louder, and yet you talk even louder.  We are so mature. 

3.Sooooo big - more like soooo cute.  Mimi didn't believe me that you could do it (you don't perform for large audiences...by large I mean more than 2) until the last night she was here.  You did it about 10 times in a row.  We recorded it, I just need Daddy to upload it for us.

2.Bye bye - that's a cute one because if I say "Want a baba?"  You wave your arm and say "Ba Ba!"  Or if I just babble to you Bababababa, you wave your hand and say "Ba Ba!"  You don't have the hang of what it means, but you are proud to do it!

1.First Colts win!  You were here when they were in the Superbowl, but sadly they lost.  But, now, my love...you have lived in a world where the Colts have won a game.  And the world is a better place for it (but mostly better because you are here.) 
I'm going to do a little jig for my happiness right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...