Sunday, September 27, 2009

Aunt Caca, THIS is your post

Maybe it's the crisp fall air, maybe it's the fact that Punkers and I are the only two living creatures in Seattle wearing a Colt's jersey...(and people have the nerve to assume it's a Sea Hawks jersey, yuck! Do the matching shoes and puffy vest with the pearls not give away the fact I'm not from these parts??!) Or maybe it's the fact that I'm hormonal, but I've been more than homesick lately.
But a good thing is that though this baby will have Seattle, WA on it's birth certificate for the rest of his/her life, it is a Hoosier through and through. Seattlites don't eat kuchens or haystacks. They don't even know what a REAL Fall Festival is (and they don't like the idea of fried snickers, twinkies OR butter...weird, I know,) but my child knows good food, because Midwest food is all I'm craving. In fact, real Chinese does not sound good...kinda makes me gag, but Canton Inn Pork fried rice? I could eat it...I could eat a lot of it...
Also, not only is this baby a Hoosier, but it IS related to it's Aunt Caca (that's Jessica, to the layperson, but we are calling my sistas Aunt Caca and Aunt Oo-fu from now on.) It craves all the things she loved as a child, and I hated. Eggs, Chili, Canton Inn, Fritos, Franklin Pastry long johns, but not lasagna (gag) which was always my favorite. I liked all my childhood foods in the beginning, but morning sickness makes it impossible to eat any of it again for the next 4.5 months. So, Auntie Caca, this is your moment as an aunt. S/he IS your niece/nephew. Oo-fu, yours will come later when it is the only baby of the group that has your Cuban ancestry. Just watch...mine will be the one to look like you.

Now, I must busy myself the rest of the day so that tomorrow will come! It's the biggest surprise of our lives! And the first time Daddy gets to see his baby! (Pray that baby is perfectly healthy, and hope s/he isn't modest) And hopefully, we can end the s/he, his/her, niece/nephew nonsense and call it by name - Ruthie or Teddy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little stressed because I have a hard time figuring out what time it is out there. TIME ZONES...who knew they'd be beyond my mental capacities. CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring on the new gender colored background! i will be praying all day and cannot WAIT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...