I must say, I love every moment of being a mama. The Lord says - Children are a blessing from the Lord - and He is right! It isn't always easy, it isn't always all smiles (though you are so so good at those,) but it really is all joy. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I must admit that it felt like I was a puzzle piece looking for what fit, and I found it! Being a child of God, a wife to your daddy, and finally - a mommy to you. I'm not usually a sappy person, at all, but when it comes to being your mama, anything I say to show how I feel just comes out sappy. So, deal with it - I love you.
Here's you at 1 day old
Here's you now
Six Month Top Ten:
10. You not only know how to do mid-line reaching and grasping, but you can transfer from hand to hand. It helps you enjoy your toys even more. Speaking of toys, I must tell you, I wish you would stop using your bow as a toy every time I turn my back. You must learn that you are my daughter, and bows are a must! It's pretty pathetic when I pull it out of your hands and you cry every single time because you want it. So sassy!
9. Lucky for you (unlucky for Punkers,) you figured out how to pull her hair. You love to do it, and she doesn't love you to do it, (but she lets you.) Good doggy!
8. You officially have brown eyes. I hoped for that from day one, hooray!
7. Library baby story time - when I first started taking you, you just cooed randomly and just took it in. Now, you LOVE it. You play with the toys they give you (or at least chew on them,) you respond to the stories and songs, and you love the other babies.
6. You are almost sitting up by yourself. I wouldn't trust to plop you down without me behind you...mainly because if you hear me, Daddy or Punkers, you will twist your little body around and tumble over. But, I am fairly confident that within a few weeks, we'll be at one of the best baby stages ever! I can plop you down, and you can play! We can stop using the baby tub, and we can sit in the grocery cart! Ohhhhhh, so fun! Next top ten list, my love!
5. You learned to LOVE swimming. We have been swimming a lot this summer, and you get so excited when you even SEE the pool. Other mommies are shocked how much you absolutely love it. You kick, goo, and giggle the entire time.
4.You rolled back to front! As much as you used to hate tummy time, I never thought the day would come when you volunteered to put yourself on your tummy. But, last Thursday, you did just that!
3. You sing worship during church! Seriously, you really do. It is quite adorable. As soon as they start singing, you kick and coo...really loud.
2. You respond when I say "Ruthie!" I tried it out today. I said "mama!" and you didn't turn, "Punkin!" nothing, "Ruthie!" and you turned and smiled!
1. "Mamamamama" and "Dadadadadada" You don't know what they mean, but you soon will, and I love that you are that much closer to knowing my name!
Stats check:
You are officially heavier than you are long! My little butterball!
Weight: 14lbs .05oz (15th percentile!) That's up from 10th percentile just 2.5 weeks ago!
Length: 24.25in (8th percentile) So, you are a little short, but according to Dr. Franklin, it is normal to have more of a step line than a curve with your length.
You are completely healthy, just itty bitty (an itty bitty butterball!)
You got your shots today. I've never seen you so upset (or myself, for that matter.) On top of that, they didn't even grace you with a band aid to match your girly pink outfit! The nerve! While in South Carolina, little girls get Pink Camo band aids - here in Seattle, we get gender non-specific purple dinosaurs. Who is that pleasing, exactly?
This last time, Liv didn't even get a pink camo bandaid...they gave her BLUE! The nerve.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY HALF BIRFDAY, WOOTHIE!