Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Sassy Pants Polka Dot Princess

So, our little Roo is over 5 weeks old, and a 5 weeks it has been for mommy.


5 weeks!





I have been everywhere emotionally from Cloud 9 to anxiety ridden and back to Cloud 9...and sometimes both at the same time! I know, talent, right? The thing with parenting is that nobody told me the type of constant fears I would have. Errrr....or maybe they did, and I didn't listen.



Pssssst...someone needs to tell this crazy lady to calm down...








The past few days her reflux has been pretty bad, and though many children have reflux, it's the end of the world for her mommy. But I just sit her up after eating for awhile, and she's a new kid! With this new found fussiness from reflux, I swore my daughter didn't like me. It's probably her reflux she doesn't like, but of course I just have to project a 12 yr old mentality on my daughter and poof! - she doesn't like me.


Regardless, being a mommy is hard work, but I love it. I am confident that being a mommy - being HER mommy - is what I was designed to do. I am daily reminded of the blessing she is, and the picture of Grace God has given us. I read the scripture 1 Sam 1: 27, 28 when I was pregnant with her.

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has given me what I asked of Him. So now I give him back to the Lord. For his whole life, he will be given over to the Lord.
but we are getting there!


Nightly, right before bedtime, I pray for her, giving her back to the Lord. I am continually learning what that means, and as she grows it will mean different things. Right now, it means giving my fears for her over to the Lord and trusting in His hands to protect her. It means praying that He creates in us the parents He wants us to be and she needs us to be for her. It also means daily prayers that her heart belongs to Him, and that the desire of her heart will be to honor and glorify Him.

Update on Ruthie Anne:
Lil' Roo is growing and getting bigger daily! Literally, getting pretty chunky. The other day, I went to go peek in on her sleeping, and over her bumper all I could see was her cheek...it is that cute and chubby that it pokes up above everything else! I love it!

Here you can see two of her 12 chins...and her cute outfit given to her by her Nana!




She is starting to smile in response to us (though I can't get a picture of it for the LIFE of me...lil' stinker.) Yesterday morning, she was in such a good mood, she just kept smiling at me, and she got so excited she squealed! Granted, she is only 5 weeks old, so her smiles are far and few between, but the ones that do occur melt my heart.
She has also discovered her voice...and a Freeman voice that is. She just baby talks
away when she's playing. It is very cute...and sassy.



Hey! Who you callin' sassy?











Speaking of sassy, thanks for these shoes Auntie Lisa K! Everybody loves them!


1 comment:

  1. Ask your doctor about baby prilosec for her. It works wonders for reflux and they mix it up into liquid form.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...