Wednesday, December 30, 2009

4 years and counting!

It's December 30, 2009...and on Friday December 30, 2005 Danny and I said our vows. Who would of thought the Lord would ask us to look at those vows and take them as they are so early.
I remember going to St. Elmo's with Danny 2 years ago, and us not knowing what the next year would bring, if we could possibly make it through another year. According to him, he didn't think we would. But, the Lord is faithful, and the Lord heals, and we are testimony to that. I always say not to judge someone or any couple at their worst and roughest times because I am a testament to the Lord's healing powers, and WE are a testament to the Lord's healing powers. He took me from a very sick young woman, and put me through the ringer until I could learn that healing does not come outside of Him. He took us, a very sickly couple who counted on therapists to heal us and put us through the ringer until we could learn the same, as a couple.
So many therapists told me time and time again that they PROMISED being in recovery would bring me a happier life, that all I had to do is trust them and take that first step. That didn't work...for more reasons than one. Others told me to look towards what I wanted out of life, my desires, my hopes, and focus on those. I did, and I would doodle little Ruthie's name everywhere. But, as amazing as our little girl is, even the proposed promise of her could not heal me. I didn't know it at the time, but that happier life they promised me, our little Ruthie I looked toward was not a promise by my Lord. I first had to count on Him and His promises before I could move forward.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Matthew 11:28 - Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.


2 Cor 7:1 - Having therefore these Promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.


In these past 2 years, we have gone through a lot as a couple. We have gone to the pits of hell. Danny had to watch his wife die, and I had to watch my husband look at me, as his wife, apathetically in attempts to protect his heart. With bruised and broken hearts, it wasn't until we went to the Ultimate healer could we begin to heal. And the Lord fulfilled His promises to me, as an individual, and to us as a couple! He gave us rest, He gave us an amazing life only He could imagine, and He has given us Salvation, which is the most precious promise of all.
On top of all that, he has given us an amazing marriage (more amazing than we ever imagined when we first married,) where we laugh together, love each other, and want to serve the other.
He has also given us our beautiful baby girl! Ruthie is someone people told us time and time again, we'd never have, and here she is! Not only did we receive a child, but the child we specifically prayed for! And I said it before, and I say it again, she is not someone the Lord gave us because of what we did, but despite all we did. The world and the Lord owe us nothing. When one finally understands that, blessings are seen as what they are, pure pictures of our Lord's love for us!

A picture of the amazing-ness of my husband, this is what I woke up to this morning...

I think he did pretty good! I just want to show off my husband's sweetness! With a baby on the way, we weren't supposed to do any gifts this year.
Now I must go pick out some bling bling necklace with a giant D to show off his chest hair...

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for you and your heart. And our friensdship that has grown over the years. I admire and love you. Happy anniversary to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very vague, what do you mean by a wife who died?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...