Friday, November 19, 2010

Photo Shoot Friday - Poetic Style

Danny reads poems to Ruthie every night before bed.  Lately, he's been reading her poems from the book It's Raining Pigs and Noodles by Jack Prelutsky.  (Fortunately, these are more developmentally appropriate than some of his Walt Whitman poems he has tried before.)  The other night, he found the perfect poem for our little Ruthie.  Ruthie will illustrate it for us.  It goes as follows:



















I am Cuter than a Button

I am cuter than a button,

I am neater than a pin.
I have freckles on my forehead
and a dimple in my chin.

I have eyes as blue as bluebirds
(make that "as brown as chocolate...")


















I have shiny golden hair,
 
and a little cherry birthmark - 
I will never tell you where.
Psssst- Ruthie...you aren't very good at hiding things, but you are pretty cute..

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo adorable!! I cannot wait to see you all in December! love aunt bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooove this one! Perfect poem, perfect commentary. So so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...